Volunteering with MRC Tasmania gives you the chance to meet new people, learn about other cultures, build confidence, learn new skills and gain experience. Your skills, interests and even your hobbies can go a long way to support our work.
Do I need any experience or qualifications to volunteer?
It doesn’t matter if you have years of workplace experience behind you, if you are a student or a young person looking to gain experience, or if you have the time and just want to give back – everyone has a contribution to make to the work of the organisation.
At MRC Tasmania people have many different reasons for volunteering:
“I want to do something worthwhile”
“By volunteering I can give back to the community”
“As a volunteer I get to meet new people and support them as they settle in Tasmania”
“I want to learn about different cultures and gain new experiences”
“Volunteering is a great way for me to get practical experience to support my studies”
“I have the time and want to support the work of MRC Tas”
“I’ve always wanted to work in Aged Care and this will give me some experience”
Whatever your reason, there are a variety of activities you can get involved with. You can:
- Work with people and families as they build a new life in Tasmania
- Provide social support to people of all ages
- Give older people the opportunity to be socially active and engaged with the community
- Help build confidence and independence
- Support people with English conversation
- Support employment pathways
- Assist young people with their studies and build confidence in education pathways
- Help people to learn about driving in Tasmania and learning how to drive
- Assist with events and activities
- Provide administration and project support
- Support people to access mainstream services
- And many more
Please note: volunteering with MRC Tasmania is only available during office hours (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm) except for driver mentors (Hobart only) who can volunteer in early morning, in the evening and on the weekend.
How to volunteer
All MRC Tas volunteers must have a current National Police Check and Working with Vulnerable People registration before commencing in a role. We can assist you to apply for these checks if you do not already have them.
To enquire about volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit Volunteering Tasmania for information on volunteering opportunities in Tasmania.
Share this Post
Already an MRC Tas Volunteer?
Login to your account to:
- Record your volunteer hours
- Update your contact details
- Find out what volunteer roles are available
- Access documents and information about volunteering