Becoming a citizen of Australia is a new chapter.
Citizens have rights and responsibilities to Australia and its people.
MRC Tas can help you to:
- apply for citizenship, by providing information and support with forms
- prepare for the test by taking part in citizenship groups
- be an active citizen – receive information about how to vote in elections
If you’re interested in supporting new Tasmanians to prepare for citizenship please volunteer
- You need to have been a permanent resident for 4 years before your application
- You need to submit a form, pay the fee, and pass the test
- You need to create an Immi Account to pay for your citizenship application.
- Government information about citizenship: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/overview
- Citizenship book download in English and other languages: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/our-common-bond
- Form 1300t General Eligibility: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1300t.pdf
- Form 1290 Other Situations (for example: aged 16 – 17 years, over 60 years, or have a medical impairment): immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1290.pdf
- Citizenship book on YouTube: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/watch-our-common-bond-video
- Volunteer to support our soon-to-be citizens – all training is provided: mrctas.org.au/volunteer/