- This event has passed.
Working with Interpreters Training
22/02/22 @1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$100
The Working with Interpreters workshop will provide participants with greater understanding, knowledge and skills required to work with interpreters when providing services to people who do not speak English well or at all.
This 2 hour workshop will cover:
- Overview of legislation and policy
- Resources and practice guides available
- Role of interpreters
- Role of clinician or service provider
- Accessing interpreter services
- Strategies for communication
- Case scenarios and role plays
- Culturally appropriate assessment and interview resources, and
- The Migrant Resource Centre and Phoenix Centre services
Who should attend?
This is a workshop for anyone providing direct service to, or working with, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD) where English may not be spoken or spoken well.
Appropriate for people working within education, housing, health, recreation, government services, justice, youth or community sectors.
It is strongly recommended that interested participants complete the Cultural Awareness Training workshop prior to this workshop. The foundational knowledge and understandings gained in that training will provide you with better grounding for this workshop.
Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania, KGV Sports and Community Centre, Level 2, 1A Anfield St Glenorchy TAS 7010
$100 (full fee)/$80 (concession)
Participants will be forwarded an invoice after the training.