- Job Type: Full time to 30 June 2025
- Location: Launceston
- Award and Level: SCHADS Level 5
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, qualified and trauma focussed counsellor to join our passionate, diverse and innovative Phoenix Centre
Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania (MRC Tas) is a not-for-profit organisation with a focus on meeting the needs of migrants, humanitarian entrants and refugees through effective, targeted, and meaningful services. Our passionate and energetic teams thrive on making a lasting difference.
The Phoenix Centre provides a range of specialised mental health support services for people from a CALD background, including survivors of torture and trauma, and is the Tasmanian member of the Forum of Australian Services for Survivors of Torture and Trauma (FASSTT).
About the role
The Counsellor is responsible for the delivery of specialised trauma informed and recovery-oriented counselling, groupwork and related support services for individuals and families with a CALD background of all ages, gender, including people from asylum, humanitarian and refugee backgrounds. The Counsellor contributes to community education and capacity building with CALD communities, external services and the Tasmanian community.
The successful candidate will have
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant counselling discipline eg: social work, psychology or counselling.
- experience in delivering therapeutic counselling and groupwork interventions,
- understanding of and skills to provide trauma focussed support with children, young people, adults and families from asylum seeker, refugee and migrant backgrounds
- a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and Tasmanian community
For further information please read the Position Description and Selection Criteria and contact Jane Carlson a for a confidential conversation about the role on 03 6221 0999 or 0400 949 660 within business hours.
What do we offer?
- Regular specialist clinical external supervision
- Professional development and learning opportunities
- Salary Packaging
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Health & Wellbeing days of paid leave and more!
How to Apply?Complete Application
Employment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People registration and Work rights in Australia.
Applications close: Tuesday 30 May at 5:00pm
MRC Tas is committed to child safety and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
MRC Tas values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from under-represented groups, including people with disability, people with caring responsibilities, LGBTIQA+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged and supported.