- Job Type: Part Time (7 hours per day, 35 hours per week), Fixed Term until 30 June 2024
- Location: Hobart
- Award and Level: SCHADS Level 4
We are looking for a Client Services Worker with excellent interpersonal and time management skills to join our Aged Care and Community Services Team.
About Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania (MRC Tas)
MRC Tas is a not-for-profit organisation with a focus on meeting the needs of migrants, humanitarian entrants and refugees through effective, targeted, and meaningful services. Our passionate and energetic teams thrive on making a lasting difference.
About the role
Client Services Worker – Aged and Community Services undertakes CHSP and HACC intake duties through initial needs assessments and reviews, using person-centred practice. The role is responsible for accurate data recording, and monitoring and assessment of client fee waivers. The role also includes scheduling clients, transport, volunteers and bilingual support workers. The Client Services Worker will maintain records of client engagement including case noting, home visits and telephone appointments.
The successful candidate will have
- A relevant qualification (for example in aged care, community services, social work, health services) and experience in aged and/or community services or related field
- Experience in assessing client needs, preferences and interests, and supporting them to set personal goals
- Knowledge and understanding of issues common in the CALD population and knowledge of the barriers older CALD clients may face in accessing services
- Well-developed time management, planning and organisational skills, capacity to multi-task and use technology to record and track activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Effective written communication skills and demonstrated ability to complete case notes and inform review of program policy and guidelines
- Proven experience in providing quality services that assist people to maintain their independence, dignity, cultural values and religious beliefs
- A driver’s licence.
- Experience / interest in working with CALD communities
- Experience in the delivery of assessment and care planning in aged care
For further information please read the Position Description and Selection Criteria and contact Jane Carlson for a confidential conversation about the role, on 03 6221 0999 or 0400 949 660 within business hours.
What do we offer?
- Salary Packaging
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing days of paid leave and more!
How to Apply?
Employment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People registration and Work rights in Australia.Complete Application
Applications close: 9 AM – Monday, 5 June 2023
MRC Tas is committed to child safety and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
MRC Tas values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from under-represented groups, including people with disability, people with caring responsibilities, LGBTIQA+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged and supported.