Amplify Ability is a 10-week program for anyone from a migrant or refugee background and looking to make new connections, set and achieve goals and improve their emotional health and wellbeing.
Amplify Ability is ideal for people interested in:
- Goal Setting: Discover and share their passion, wisdom and set personal and social goals with others.
- Working together: Co-design the program. Share skills and knowledge with their peers to achieve their goals.
- Skill Building: Increase self-care, emotional health,
self-management, computer and digital literacy skills.
- Community Engagement: Learn how to best access volunteering and other social connections and opportunities.
- Speaking out: Learn consumer rights, how to access services and make sure their needs are being met.
- Peer Support: Stay focused on goals and participate in 1 to 1 and group mentoring to achieve success.
- Celebrating Learning: Share successes and learning with participants, family, friends and carers.
Southern Tasmania: Autumn intake is now open (14 March 2022)
Northern Tasmania: Intake is currently closed.
Southern Tasmania: Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania, Level 2, 1A Anfield St Glenorchy
Northern Tasmania: Ground Level, 27 Paterson Street, Launceston
Participants need to be 18 years or older, interested in the aims of the program and identify with being from a migrant or refugee background. There are no restrictions regarding visa status.
Participants will need to be able to commit to 2-3 hours per week of group work for 10 weeks.
Southern Tasmania: Adam Hammer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6221 0999 Monday to Wednesday. For an Interpreter (TIS) call 131 450
Northern Tasmania: Ruby Wood at email@example.com or call 03 6724 2820. For an Interpreter (TIS) call 131 450
Numbers are limited. Please express interest as soon as possible.
Autumn intake is now open (South)
Share this Post