MRC Tas Settlement and Community Services work to build the confidence and capacity of clients to participate socially and economically in Tasmanian life and independently access mainstream services. Our services include weekly drop-in support, community development, youth, migration support, employment assistance and driving support.
The Youth Program works with young people aged 15 to 25, providing case management, advocacy and support. We also work with schools and other youth organisations. Visit www.myt.org.au to learn more about our Multicultural Youth Tasmania program.
Topics include: learning to drive, form support, housing, medical, citizenship, legal issues, education, employment, and migration.
Youth Drop-in (for young people aged up to 25 years) – Wednesday afternoons from 3pm – 5:30pm
Topics include: help with homework, learning english, information on learning to drive, form support etc.
Digi Drop-in (Fridays during school term)
Learn about using computers at Digi Drop-in. This class will run each school term. No appointment needed! Interpreters can be arranged on request. Learn about:
- How to use email, MyGov, Centrelink accounts
- Online searches for housing, jobs, and services
- Explore tools for learning and daily life
For more information contact Clarissa on 6221 0999 or email email@example.com. For an interpreter (TIS) call 131 450
- Information sessions on a variety of topics such as starting your own business, community associations, grant writing and migration.
- Regular community dinners held at MRC Tas. These dinners aim to connect newly arrived and established community members and celebrate our diversity. It’s a great chance to try food from other cultures and meet people in your local community. Visit our events calendar to find out when the next dinner is being held.
- We are currently testing the viability of a Food Social Enterprise. Click here to read about phase 1 of the project.
- Collaborating and partnering with other organisations to offer opportunities for clients to get involved in the local community (such as sport and recreational activities and art and craft activities) Learn more about collaborating and partnering with MRC Tas here.
If you would like to find out more information about the Driving Program please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in volunteering as a driver mentor, please email email@example.com