Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania is a NILS Network Tasmania delivery partner.
NILS Network Tasmania loans are ‘community lending’ to improve the standard of living for low income Tasmanians.
About the loans
A no-interest loan of $300 – $1500 can help manage essentials such as:
- Health or dental costs
- Household or education costs
- Driving lessons or car registration
- Refugee family reunification
The loans have:
- No interest
- No fees or charges
- No credit checks
Once you repay the money, it is loaned to help someone else.
Am I eligible?
- Do you have a current healthcare card, pension card, or low income health care card (or a gross income under 55 000)?
- Do you have stable accommodation?
- Can you afford to repay a NILS loan? (including time left on your visa to repay a NILS loan)
NILS Network Tasmania also has microbusiness loans of $3000 with business development and advice.
The Migrant Network Tasmania page on small business can help you explore information and supports.
Phone a settlement team member on 6221 0999 (for an interpreter call 131 450 first) to explore options.
You can submit a NILS Network Tasmania application over the phone or at an appointment.