Are you interested to join and lead an experienced and committed team delivering services including counselling, groupwork, community capacity building and sector development? Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania’s Phoenix Centre is a leading mental health and wellbeing service for people from refugee and migrant backgrounds and the Tasmania member of the Forum of Australian Services for Survivors of Torture and Trauma.
This role will suit you if you share:
Our vision – A vibrant and diverse lutruwita/Tasmania where everyone is included and everyone belongs.
Our mission – To work alongside people from refugee and migrant backgrounds, so individuals and communities throughout lutruwita/Tasmania thrive.
Our values – Respect – Inclusion – Compassion – Integrity – Innovation – Collaboration
You will join a diverse, inclusive, dynamic, experienced and progressive statewide organisation.
We are seeking an experienced manager and leader, who has a strong social justice framework, experience in delivery of trauma and mental health recovery services, and who has a passion to support people from refugee and migrant backgrounds to live well in Tasmania.
- Be part of a supportive, collaborative and progressive leadership team
- Be part of an established and experienced national network influencing positive change for people from refugee backgrounds
- Have access to Professional development and practice network opportunities
- Influence and strengthen mental health policy and service delivery in Tasmania to respond to the needs of CALD communities in Tasmania
- SCHADS Level 7 salary with salary packaging
- Paid leave days including 3 days over the Christmas / New Year break and 2 mental health and wellbeing days a year
How to Apply?
Employment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Working with Vulnerable People registration.
Please contact Jane Carlson, Executive Manager Specialised Services, for a confidential discussion about this position – 03 6221 0999 or 0400 949 660 within business hours.
Please review the Position Description and Selection Criteria prior to submitting your application.Complete Application
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Sunday 1 October 2023.
MRC Tas is committed to child safety and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
MRC Tas values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from under-represented groups, including people with disability, people with caring responsibilities, LGBTIQA+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged and supported.