- Job Type: Full time, Permanent
- Location: Glenorchy (with Statewide travel required)
- Award and Level: Contract, Executive Level, by negotiation
Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania (MRC Tas) is a not-for-profit organisation with a focus on meeting the needs of migrants, humanitarian entrants and refugees through effective, targeted, and meaningful services. Our passionate and energetic teams thrive on making a lasting difference.
The MRC Tas Executive Leadership Group oversees Finance, Services (including Specialised Services and Settlement Services) and Strategy and Development. Executive Managers are expected to play a major role in ensuring the organisation’s vision, goals and strategic priorities are achieved and that the organisational values are promoted and celebrated across the whole organisation.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Manager – Settlement and Youth Services is a senior strategic leadership position within the Executive Management Group. The position is responsible for providing direction and strategic oversight of service quality, along with strategic and operational management of a specialised services portfolio of three program teams, including Multicultural Youth Tasmania, the Humanitarian Settlement Program (arrival to 18 months post arrival) and Settlement and Community Services. The position is also responsible for leading and guiding program managers to maintain and build their programs to meet client needs though securing funding for program delivery. Working collaboratively with other members of the Executive Management Group, the role will ensure the organisation’s strategic goals are achieved.
The successful candidate will have
- Relevant qualifications and experience in a senior management role leading multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and experience leading the delivery of quality services in the community sector, including experience managing budgets, people, governance, compliance with a continuous improvement focus
- Proven ability to contribute strategically to all areas of the organisation
- Superior experience in people management, leading transformational change and building high performing teams;
For further information please read the Position Description and Selection Criteria and contact Gillian Long, Chief Executive Office, for a confidential conversation about the role, on 0477 721 108 within business hours.
What do we offer?
- Salary Packaging
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing days of paid leave and more!
How to Apply?Complete Application
Employment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People registration and sufficiently vaccinated against COVID 19.
Applications close: Midnight, Sunday 26 June 2022
MRC Tas is committed to child safety and has zero tolerance for child abuse.MRC Tas values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from under-represented groups, including people with disability, people with caring responsibilities, LGBTIQA+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged and supported.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.