Moving to a new country can be exciting and rewarding but challenging at the same time. When you move there are a lot of questions to answer, and sometimes you won’t know who to ask.
To help you make your temporary or permanent home in Tasmania, the Tasmanian Government funds an Information and Referral service for new arrivals, which can assist you with many of the initial issues you may have such as:
- Finding a place to live
- Getting connected – utilities, phone and internet
- Learning English
- Enrolling your child in day-care or a school
- Finding a family doctor
- Exchanging money and shopping
- Obtaining your driver’s licence
- Using public transport
- Getting to know your local community – social, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Studying options
- Applying for a tax file number
- Finding a job or having job issues
- Applying for citizenship
- And many more questions and issues you may have
Do you have a visa to arrive in Tasmania?
We can provide information and referral via Skype
Please email to request this.