- This event has passed.
MY Career Steps Info Session
06/12/21 @1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
The MY Career Steps programs will help you find meaningful employment or make the right steps towards your future career.
At this event we will address challenges specific for Jobseekers from migrant and refugee backgrounds, talk about how to build your confidence and skills, look for a job, and improve your English for a specific industry. Light snacks provided.
Childcare will also be available at the event.
At the event you will learn:
- What opportunities open borders bring to the Hospitality Industry. New Hospitality Jobs Portal and How to use it.
- Start New Year fresh: How to enter the Aged Care and Disability industry
- Building a better future: New exciting projects in Construction industry and jobs they provide
- Not just fruit picking: How to build your career in Agriculture.
- How you can improve your English to have more success entering these industries
Anyone from a refugee or migrant background currently registered with a JobActive is welcome to the event. The event is also open to all people from a refugee and humanitarian entrant background who have been in Australia for less than 5 years, even if they are not with a JobActive.
To register please visit: https://forms.office.com/r/FinxqiK5rmRegister
For any questions about the event please call 0428 685 665 (Tuesday to Thursday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure we deliver COVID-safe services in the MRC Tas Glenorchy Office:
- Use Check In TAS app at reception (for contact tracing purposes)
- Reception will mark your attendance (to ensure numbers allow safe social distancing)
- Do not attend the office if unwell (or if recently returned from travel, or exposed to anyone affected by COVID-19 in the last two weeks)
MY Career Steps is a Local Jobs Program (LJP) that works with people from refugee and migrant background in Southern Tasmania to engage in training, employment services and gain employment. The program aims to promote the value and enablers that support the diversification of the workforce within the hospitality, community services, building and construction and agricultural sectors.