October 28 @12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 12:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until 17/02/21
If you’re looking for paid work, this fortnightly Career Coaching series is for you!
- The presentations are by an experienced professional recruiter Karl Rowlands.
- Each presentation is livestreamed via YouTube so you can watch from home or with us at MRC Tas Glenorchy Office.
- Peer discussion after the presentation is facilitated by an experienced occupational therapist from the employment service industry, David O’Halloran.
This Career Coaching series will help people from a migrant, refugee or asylum seeking background:
- Develop job seeking skills for your next job.
- Put your best foot forward in a competitive labour market.
- Enhance your cultural knowledge and career management skills.
– Effective Resume Writing, Wednesday the 14/10/20 at 12:00 noon.
– Effective Cover Letter Writing, Wednesday the 28/10/20 at 12:00 noon.
– The Correct Art Of Networking With Decision Makers, Wednesday the 11/11/20 at 12:00 noon.
– Dealing With Recruitment Processes And Consultants, Wednesday the 25/11/20 at 12:00 noon.
– How To Prepare Before An Interview To Get The Most Out Of The Experience, Wednesday the 9/12/20 at 12:00 noon.
– What To Do During An Interview, Wednesday the 23/12/20 at 12:00 noon.
– What To Do After An Interview, Wednesday the 6/1/20 at 12:00 noon.
– How To Enhance Your Personal Brand – LinkedIn, Wednesday the 20/1/20 at 12:00 noon.
– The Importance Of Presenting Yourself Online, Wednesday the 3/2/20 at 12:00 noon.
– ATS (Application Tracking System) – What They Are, How They Work And How To Increase Your Success. Wednesday the 17/2/20, at 12:00 noon.
Participants will be able to message questions via chat during the livestream. The session will be recorded so you can watch back at your convenience.
Registration is essential to ensure we deliver COVID-safe services in the MRC Tas Glenorchy Office.
You will be sent a reminder about the session, and an intake phone call if it’s the first service you’ve accessed at MRC Tas.
As usual, do not attend the office if unwell or if recently returned from travel or exposed to anyone affected by COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
Most of his time is spent advising a variety of domestic businesses in several sectors on how to get the most out of their internal recruitment strategy whilst improving hiring results and saving on costs. Karl is also currently advising two domestic recruitment companies, so he has a unique understanding of the job market from both the candidate and the clients perspective.
After recently discovering just how unfair and hard it is for candidates who are either refugees or who are currently seeking asylum in Australia it was decided that Karl would try and help.
David O’Halloran is a registered occupational therapist with 30 years in the employment sector including direct service delivery, program management, project management and policy development at national and international level. David is a PhD candidate and teaches and publishes research on employment services.
About the Migrant Network Tasmania
We are talented and tenacious. We are welcoming. We help each other out. We can ask questions and share tips with each other in our Facebook group. We share work and career tips and networks in our LinkedIn group. We receive Migrant Network Tasmania emails from MRC Tas to stay in the loop. We are part of the Tasmanian community.