MRC Tas volunteers are passionate and committed people who make invaluable contributions to the work of the organisation.
Our volunteer program offers a wide variety of opportunities across all areas of the organisation. There are many ways to be involved, such as working with individuals and families, group activities and assisting with events.
What can I do as an MRC Tas volunteer?
- Work with people and families as they build a new life in Tasmania
- Help to build confidence and independence
- Assist young people with their studies and help to build confidence in education pathways
- Help people to learn to drive in a safe and legal way
- Assist with social outings, events and activities
- Provide support for project work
- Community Development activities
- And more
Volunteering with the Humanitarian Settlement Program
The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) provides support for families and individuals from a humanitarian background with their settlement needs in Tasmania.
Volunteers offer practical guidance and assistance with a variety of everyday activities.
- Accessing and using public transport
- Managing money – paying bills, doing the shopping
- Health and wellbeing – Medicare, accessing medical services
- School and study
- Working and the workplace – job preparation and looking for a job
- Housing and tenancy
- Community participation – e.g.
1. Exploring the local area
2. Finding places such as the local LINC
3. Finding a place of worship
4. Linking with the community and social groups
Volunteers work in close collaboration with HSP Case Workers and Support Workers.
Availability and commitment for HSP Volunteers
We are looking for people who are available during the day and can commit from 2 to 4 hours at a time. The position could be casual (on an as needs basis) or a regular commitment, depending on the requirements of the person/family.
How to volunteer
Launceston – for more information on volunteering with the Humanitarian Settlement Program in Launceston please contact the Client Support and Volunteer Coordinator on 6724 2820 or email email@example.com
Hobart – For more information on current available positions in Hobart and to find out about upcoming information sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All MRC Tas volunteers must have a current National Police Check and Working with Vulnerable People registration before commencing in a role. We can assist you to apply for these checks if you do not already have them.
Share this Post
"People are very friendly and very helpful. I like Tasmania."Tasmania is the least multicultural state in Australia, but the Migrant Resource Centre is helping new refugees find their feet.Read more: http://ab.co/2yV3s5p
Posted by ABC News on Saturday, 18 November 2017
Already an MRC Tas Volunteer?
Login to your account to:
- Record your volunteer hours
- Update your contact details
- Find out what volunteer roles are available
- Access documents and information about volunteering
Southern Tasmania –
Phone: 03 6221 0999
Address: Level 2, 1a Anfield Street Glenorchy 7010
Northern Tasmania –
Phone: 03 6724 2820
Address: 27 Paterson Street Launceston TAS 7250