Volunteering with MRC Tasmania gives you the chance to meet new people, learn about other cultures, build confidence, learn new skills and gain experience. Your skills, interests and even your hobbies can go a long way to support our work.
Do I need any experience or qualifications to volunteer?
It doesn’t matter if you have years of workplace experience behind you, if you are a student or a young person looking to gain experience, or if you have the time and just want to give back – everyone has a contribution to make to the work of the organisation.
At MRC Tasmania people have many different reasons for volunteering:
“I want to do something worthwhile”
“By volunteering I can give back to the community”
“As a volunteer I get to meet new people and support them as they settle in Tasmania”
“I want to learn about different cultures and gain new experiences”
“Volunteering is a great way for me to get practical experience to support my studies”
“I have the time and want to support the work of MRC Tas”
“I’ve always wanted to work in Aged Care and this will give me some experience”
Whatever your reason, there are a variety of activities you can get involved with. You can:
- Work with people and families as they build a new life in Tasmania
- Provide social support to people of all ages
- Give older people the opportunity to be socially active and engaged with the community
- Help build confidence and independence
- Support people with English conversation
- Support employment pathways
- Assist young people with their studies and build confidence in education pathways
- Help people to learn about driving in Tasmania and learning how to drive
- Assist with events and activities
- Provide administration and project support
- Support people to access mainstream services
- And many more
Please note: volunteering with MRC Tasmania is only available during office hours (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm) except for driver mentors (Hobart only) who can volunteer in early morning, in the evening and on the weekend.
How to volunteer
MRC Tas is not currently recruiting for volunteers. Please check back in the future for any updates on volunteering opportunities.
Learn to Drive Program: Volunteer Mentors are needed to support people from migrant and refugee backgrounds to obtain their Tasmanian Driver’s Licence. Learn more here: https://mrctas.org.au/women-volunteer-learner-driver-mentors-needed/
All other volunteer positions: MRC Tas is not currently recruiting for volunteers. Please check back in the future for any updates on volunteering opportunities.
Please visit Volunteering Tasmania for information on volunteering opportunities in Tasmania.
MRC Tas volunteers must have
- a current National Police Check
- Working with Vulnerable People registration
We can assist you to apply for these checks if you do not already have them.
MRC Tas is subject to a Public Health Directive which requires all MRC Tas staff, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated, have an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination or a medical exemption.
Please note that a student placement is not volunteering and does not sit with the volunteer program. To express your interest in completing a placement with MRC Tasmania, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this Post
Already an MRC Tas Volunteer?
Login to your account to:
- Record your volunteer hours
- Update your contact details
- Find out what volunteer roles are available
- Access documents and information about volunteering