- This event has passed.
TRAINING: Incidental Counselling – Hobart
March 8 @1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on 19/04/18 at 1:30pm
This workshop will provide participants with incidental counselling and other skills for handling difficult and distressing situations. This workshop provides an approach to working with people from a refugee and asylum seeker background in a range of settings.
This 3 hour workshop will cover:
- Further examination of the impact of past trauma and current trauma
- Incidental counselling skills for a range of potential situations
- Emotional responses of workers and indications for practice
- Building good working relationships with traumatised clients
- Cross-cultural considerations, and
- The Migrant Resource Centre Tasmania and Phoenix Centre services
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for those who work with people from a refugee or asylum seeker background and are in a position where counselling is an incidental part of the role e.g in settlement, youth work, case work, housing, employment, welfare, health, or community services.
It is strongly recommended that interested participants complete the Cultural Awareness Training workshop prior to this workshop. The foundational knowledge and understandings gained in that training will provide you with better grounding for this workshop.
Half day training (up to 4 hours on the same day) is $120 (full fee)/$100 (concession)
Full day training (up to 8 hours on the same day) is $220 (full fee)/$180 (concession)
Registrants will be forwarded an invoice prior to the training.Register