Cultural Awareness Training provides the foundational knowledge and understanding needed to work effectively with people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
This 2 hour workshop will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Understand the broad concepts of ‘culture’ and cultural awareness
- Improve knowledge regarding migration to Australia and Tasmania and Tasmania’s changing demographics
- Increase awareness about the migration experience
- Increase understanding of the settlement process in Tasmania
- Understand and develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Improve knowledge regarding the Migrant Resource Centre and Phoenix Centre services
Who should attend?
This is a core module for anyone working with people from a Culturally and Linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
This training must be completed prior to attending ‘Working with People from a Refugee Background’ or ’Working with Young People from a Migrant Background’
Upcoming workshop dates:
Monday 27th of November, 9am – 11am at the Migrant Resource Centre, 1A Anfield St Glenorchy
Half day training (up to 4 hours on the same day) is $120 (full fee) or $100 (concession)
Full day training (up to 8 hours on the same day) is $220 (full fee) or $180 (concession)Register